June 23, 2011

mes choux petite visite a paris

I've had four very special visitors in the last month and a half which is my excuse for not blogging. Molly and Kirsten came in May and Kayla and Mal came at the beginning of June. It's been a crazy month and a half to say the least.

Molly and Kirty's Visit:

I wish they could have been here longer than 3 days but we had so much fun with the time we did have. They also brought along Rob which made the trip even better.

We started out having a drunken picnic at Versailles, standard visitor procedure. Ali's friends were in town too so it was a big fun group. We all came to the conclusion that Rob looked like Zach Galifianakis with his European beard.


 We did a night at the eiffel tower with crepes, naturally.


Their last night in town we went to dinner at a wine bar and had tapas. Then we walked around trying to find fun bars only to learn that most were closed. So, we picked up some alchohol at a Tabac and walked around drinking. Terrible idea.. I almost left my shoes at a taxi stand. We ended up at a bar that was open til 4am and I have no recollection of how much fun we had there.. but judging by the way I looked the next day at lunch I would say it was a 9 out of 10 good time.
This pose is suppose to be us being 'sexy'.. I'll let you come to your own conclusions.




Kayla and Mal's visit:

Let's just sum up the week by saying that we almost got matching tatoo's one day and would have if the place hadn't been closed...

The first night the girls were here we went to the Canals in hopes of having a very French dinner with my Mom who was also in town. Nothing had room for us so we ended up eating Italian, shoot. Then we ventured to some bars along the canal and met some random French friends who now have been facebook messaging us... yep.



The next day we went to the market and then did the standard Versailles trip. It was such a great time with just the three of us having a picnic in such a beautiful place. That night we went to the Eiffel tower and I've never seen Mallory so amazed.




Over the next couple of days we ventured to Sacre Coeur, the girls came to class with me, we celebrated Elana's birthday at a Karaoke bar, went shopping.. a lot, had fondue with Adam, and drank copious amounts. I've never been happier! I loved having them and I wish they could stay forever.

Here's the evidence:

Sacre Coeur/Sight Seeing












Elana's Birthday night out





Les Refuges Des Fondue (The girls last night in Paris)








It's been so great to share this place I love so much with the people I love so much. Thanks for coming to visit, it was so special for me.

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating."  - Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story

xoxo, al

No comments:

Post a Comment